- Joni: An Unforgettable Story, by Joni Eareckson Tada
As a result of a diving accident which left her a quadriplegic, Joni moves from despair to triumph over disability. Be sure to read the companion book, A Step Further, which deals with her faith journey to reconciling the goodness of God with His refusal to heal her.
- A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael by Elisabeth Elliot
Amy gives more than fifty three years of her life in south India founding Dohnavur Fellowship, a refuge for children in mortal danger.
- Edges of Truth: The Mary Weaver Story, by Deb Brammer and Steve Brennecke
Mary, an innocent caregiver faces an unjust prison sentence while Steve, her friend and lawyer, works to appeal her case. I Survived: 5 Bible Characters Who Survived Spiritual Disasters is the companion Bible study book.
- Through Gates of Splendor, by Elisabeth Elliot
Five missionaries give their lives as martyrs in an attempt to bring the gospel to a brutal tribe of warriors in Ecuador. Their families continue their legacy.
- The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom
Corrie and her family risk their lives for Jews during World War II and face time in Nazi death camps.