- 1 pound hamburger (450 grams beef mince)
- 4 slices pineapple in juice
- 1 tablespoon GF soy sauce (most has wheat)\
- 3 tablespoon vinegar (not malt)
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch in 6 tablespoons water
Brown hamburger with salt, pepper, onion if desired. Add pineapple cut into chunks and heat through.
Reserve 1 cup pineapple juice from the can of pineapple, or puree pineapple to make juice. If pineapple is in syrup reduce sugar to 1/3 cup.
Heat juice, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar until sugar is dissolved. When sauce is boiling add cornstarch/water mix, stirring until thick.
Pour sauce over hamburger and serve over rice.